Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Freebirds World Burrito


FreeBird Burrito

Freebirds is a chain of about 15 or so fancy burrito joints. There's a location on South Congress at Riverside which is close to where I work, so I go there often for a cheap, quick and relatively healthy lunch. Pictured above and below is my usual dish: Freebird Steak Burrito with whole wheat tortilla, rice, white cheese, black beans, cilantro, red onion, lettuce, tomato, a splash of mild verde sauce and a healthy pinch of roasted garlic.

If you're going for lunch, be sure to order ahead by phone. If you're going during peak lunch times and you didn't order ahead, you might have to wait 10 to 15 minutes in line. That's no fun. But the burritos are tasty, healthy and at five and a half bucks, a really good value in my book. Oh, and be sure to say "hi" to the manager for me (pictured at left). He tried to stop me from taking a picture of the joint.


Freebirds World Burrito
515 S. Congress
Phone: 512-462-3512
Website: http://freebirds.com

No comments: